|Name||Dr. Anjan Kumar Ray|
Dean Research & Consultancy
|Areas of Interest||1. Control Systems|
2. Networked Robotics and Intelligent Systems
3. Multi-robot Coordination
4. Cognitive Modeling
5. Machine Learning
6. Sensor fusion and Smart Home/Environment
8.Ambient Assisted Living (AAL)
|Work Experience||1. Visiting Research Scholar, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA|
2. Project Senior Research Associate, IIT Kanpur, India
3. Senior Project Engineer, IIT Kanpur, India
4. Research Associate, University of Ulster, U.K.
|List of Publications|
Google Scholar:Link : https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=jzfTOIwAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate
Selected List: Journals:1 A. K. Ray, L. Gang, T. M. McGinnity, S. Coleman, L. Maguire, Development of a Self Sustaining Cognitive Architecture, Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures, Elsevier, Vol 6, 96-108, 2013.
2. A. K. Ray, P. Benavidez, L. Behera and M. Jamshidi, Decentralized Motion Coordination for a Formation of Rovers, IEEE Systems Journal, Vol 3, Issue 3, 369-381, 2009.
3. A. K. Ray, L. Behera and M. Jamshidi, Sonar Based Rover Navigation for a Single or Multiple Platforms: Forward Safe Path and Target Switching Approach, IEEE Systems Journal, Vol 2, Issue 2, 258-272, 2008.
4. A. K. Ray, L. Behera and A. Shukla, Kinematic Control Of A 6-Dof Robot Manipulator Using Kohonen Self-Organizing Map, Dynamics Of Continuous, Discrete And Impulsive Systems Journal, Advances in Neural Networks, Vol. 14 (S1), 550-558, 2007.
Conferences:1. G. Leng, A. K. Ray, T. M. McGinnity, S. Coleman, L. Maguire, P. Vance, An Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Neural Network for Cognitive Decisions, Cognitive 2014-International Conference on Advanced Cognitive Technologies and Applications, Venice, Italy, 2014, Accepted.
2. A. K. Ray, G. Leng, T. M. McGinnity, S. Coleman, L. Maguire, Dynamically Reconfigurable Online Self-organising Fuzzy Neural Network with Variable Number of Inputs for Smart Home, NCTA 2013-International Joint Conference on Computational Intelligence (IJCCI), Algarve, Portugal, 2013.
3. G. Leng, A. K. Ray, T. M. McGinnity, S. Coleman, L. Maguire, Online Sliding Window Based Self-Organising Fuzzy Neural Networks for Cognitive Reasoning, Cognitive 2013-International Conference on Advanced Cognitive Technologies and Applications, Valencia, Spain, 2013.
4. A. K. Ray, G. Leng, T.M. McGinnity, S. Coleman, L. Maguire, Development of Cognitive Capabilities for Smart Home using a Self-Organizing Fuzzy Neural Network, 10th IFAC Symposium on Robot Control, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2012.
5. A. K. Ray, T.M. McGinnity, L. Behera, S. A. Coleman and M. Jamshidi, Coordinated Traffic Scheduling for Communicating Mobile Robots, IEEE SMC SOSE 2011, Albuquerque, USA, 2011.
6. A. K. Ray, L. Behera and M. Jamshidi, Motion Coordination of Multi-agent Formation of Rovers, IEEE SMC SoSE conference, Albuquerque, USA, 2009.
7. A. K. Ray and L. Behera, Inverse Kinematic Control Using Rotational And Joint Space Clustering With Visual Motor Coordination, International Federation of Automatic Control conference, 17th IFAC World Congress, Seoul, Korea, 2008.
8. A. K. Ray, M. Agrawal and L. Behera, Kinematic Control Of Robot Manipulators Using Visual Feedback, IEEE Int. Symposium On Intelligent Control (ISIC), Munich, Germany, 2006.
|Membership of Professional Bodies||1. Member, IEEE|
2. Member, IEEE Systems Council
3. Member, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society
4. Member, IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society
5. Member, Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures Society
|Achievements||1. Research Assistantship at the ACE Center, UTSA, Texas, USA (2008)|
2. M.H.R.D. Scholarship for Ph.D., India (2004-2009)
3. M.H.R.D. Scholarship for Master of Engineering, India (2002-2004)
4. National Scholarship in Higher Secondary Examination, India (1998)
5. National Scholarship in Madhyamik Examination (Secondary), India (1996)
6. Certificate of Merit, National Science Society, India (1995)
7. Biography selected for inclusion in Marquis "Who's Who in Asia", 2012
8. Biography selected for inclusion in Marquis "Who's Who in the World", 2010