|Name||Dr. Prasenjit Dey|
|Academic Qualification||M.Tech - National Institute of Technology Agartala, India|
Ph.D. - National Institute of Technology Agartala, India
|Areas of Interest||Power System Analysis|
Power System Small Signal Stability
Power System Operation and Control
Soft Computing Techniques
|Work Experience||July 2018 till date: National Institute of Technology Sikkim, Ravangla, Sikkim|
|Teachings||Principle of Electrical Engineering|
Power System Stability and Control
Power Systems Protection and Switch gear
Electric Power Utilization
|List of Publications||International Journals:|
1. "Analysis of the Effects of PSS and Renewable Integration to an Inter-Area Power Network to Improve Small Signal Stability." Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, (2020) (Accepted).
2. "Comparative study of the effects of SVC and TCSC on the small signal stability of a power system with renewables." Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy11, no. 3 (2019): 033305.
3. "SSA - A New Metaheuristic Algorithm for Solving Transient Stability Constrained Optimal Power Flow." Soft Computing and Electrical Engineering (2019).
4. "Tuned Power System Stabilizer for Enhancing Small Signal Stability of Large Interconnected Power System" CARIBBEAN JOURNAL OF SCIENCE 53, no.1 (2019). 843-857.
5. "Tuning of power system stabilizer for small signal stability improvement of interconnected power system." Applied Computing and Informatics (2017).
1. "Improvement of Small Signal Stability with the incorporation of FACTS and PSS." Electric Power and Renewable Energy Conference (EPREC-2020) (Presented).
2. "Tuning of Power System Stabilizers in Multi-machine Power Systems using Moth Flame Optimization." The 6th International Electrical Engineering Congress (iEECON 2018), 7-9, March, 2018.
3. "Small Signal Stability Analysis in Co-ordination with PSS, TCSC, and SVC, ICCPEIC 2018.
4. "Small Signal Stability Analysis of Multi-Machine System with large scale Solar PV integration under Different Loading Conditions." (PESTSE - 2018).
5. "Small signal stability improvement of large interconnected power systems using power system stabilizer", IEEE 2nd International Conferences for Convergence of Technology, 7-9 March 2017.
6. "Parameter tuning of power system stabilizer Using a Meta-Heuristic Algorithm", 2nd IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication, 1: 22-24, February 2017.
|Membership of Professional Bodies||1. Associate member, Institution of Engineers INDIA, since 2013.|
2. Member, IEEE, since 2013.
|Achievements||Best paper award ICECCT 2017|
|Office Address||Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering,|
NIT Sikkim, Ravangla, South Sikkim, Sikkim PIN: 737139